Before I get into what I want to write about I will update on other odds and ends first.
I went to the doctor and finally switched my birth control. I mentioned how the patch has given me headaches on my patch free week and how the areas where I where the patch are starting to give me a rash and itchy skin. He said that the headaches are common in a high dose birth control--and the patch happens to be the highest birth control out there--go figure! So he switched me to a low dose birth control pill and I love it so far. We shall see how it goes when I have my period week again and how my headaches are. I also talked to him about Celexa and how as much as I love it, that I feel most of my weight gain is from that and that I have been working out and don't see myself losing weight. He told me to give it more time and if I still feel that way in a few months we can discuss other options. I left pretty happy with what we discussed.
Curt's packet is at HRC now. So we are just waiting to hear about what the future holds for us. We have decided that we don't want to extend here for three years. So I will enjoy time off from school and just RELAX for a while. It will be nice! It's well deserved and well needed!!
On to what I really want to talk about: My lovely son. Everyone is telling me that he is just a normal 4 year old boy. And I do think that at times. But other times, he drives me crazy and makes me think about making a doctor's appointment to discuss his issues. The other day we had a great morning. A fantastic morning actually. We played Lego's for 2 hours before going to get Kaylie from school. Every day when we get back from picking her up we play outside. Well, he asked to bring his Lego's out. I told him no. He proceeded to throw the case of lego's against the wall across the room. I made him pick them all up and sent him to his room. He stomped up stairs, slammed his door, and began to tear his room apart. He took his bedding off his bed. Threw everything on the floor, opened his closet and threw all his clothes on the floor off the hangers. So I made him pick all of that up. Once he calmed down he wanted to bring Kaylie's pet shops outside. I told him that was fine, but he wasn't bringing out his lego's. Again, he threw the petshops and punched me. I sent him--once again--inside and to his room.
His anger issues concern me at times. He's constantly hitting. I have tried to talk to him about how hitting is not nice and it makes people cry and hurts their feelings. He says "but I like hitting, its my favorite thing." Sigh.... He constantly punches Leila (the dog), punches me, punches Curt, punches Kaylie. It's so frustrating because I have NO IDEA what to do to stop this behavior!!! It drives us all crazy. What are we doing wrong?!
The kid, on bad days, seriously can make me cry and feel absolutely defeated. Am I crazy or is this really normal 4 year old boy behavior???
Gah!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment