Saturday, October 13, 2012

Embarrassment

So my mom and stepdad were here last week during Kaylie's fall break from school. That was so draining. I can only handle my mom for like two days max before she starts driving me crazy. I mean, we had a good visit and all, but her issues are just so mentally exhausting. The day after she left I was literally laying on the couch with no energy. She took the wind out of me. haha

Then we have the issues with Kaylie and her lying and stealing. While we were shopping one day last week, just us girls a big heartbreaking issue came up. We were sitting on the boardwalk waiting for the guys to meet up with us for dinner when my mom saw something in Kaylie's shirt. Kaylie tried to play it off at first and say she had sand in her shirt, but I could see something down her shirt. I immediately said "Kaylie, what do you have down your shirt??" She started saying nothing, nothing over and over. Well, we finally got her to take it out and it was a lipgloss. THat she STOLE from a store we were at. Are you kidding me???? Then I saw something else down her shirt. It was some kind of trinket. I was so devastated and ANGRY. She was balling her eyes out hysterically. I'm yelling at her. Telling her I should march her straight down there and let htem call the cops and arrest you. Blah, blah, blah. I mean what do you do in this situation?? We were at many stores so I know I couldn't pinpoint which store exactly. But MAN. I wanted to beat her ass right here on the beach!! I was completely heartbroken that now she was stealing from stores. We are just at a loss of what to do. I am seriously considering counseling to figure out what hte issue is. It needs to stop now! We were supposed to go camping this weekend for Girl Scouts, but I took that away from her.

As a parent, I have always felt I have done a pretty good job of raising her. Especially when Curt deployed every other year three times and was gone a total of 2 years deployment wise not including field time and training at JRTC or NTC. I was a young, single parent for most of her growing years. I felt I did a pretty good job. Of course, I critique myself and look at things I could have done differently or ways I could have improved. I am asking myself what I did wrong? Where did I go wrong? I'm not perfect, nobody is. But every mother, when their kid does something wrong, thinks like this about themselves when these situations happen. I have to try and not blame myself. I know she is responsible for her own actions. I never raised her to lie or steal. Ever. It's just so sad. I feel like an embarrassment of a parent and I shouldn't!!!

So I am busy soul searching on that entire situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment