So things have been going great here. I have been in such a good mood since last week. I have been keeping busy (for the most part), which makes time go by faster. I have been making friends and we had a blast this past weekend. I think having a good circle of friends can make or break a duty station. In Virginia I hated it there for so long. And then six months before we were set to leave I made two really good friends and that helped so much. I was so sad to leave then. I mean, no one wants to be miserable, and I truly feel as long as you surround yourself with positive, happy, fun people who you click with it does wonders for you. So I hope it continues to grow from here. This past weekend was one of the best I have had in Hawaii yet!!! :)
Kaylie started swimming lessons last Sunday. She is doing so good. I have her in private lessons, which I am so happy I did for her. The whole lesson time is devoted just to her and they have been running about 40-45 minutes each. It's great. She is practicing the front stroke, back stroke, and breast stroke. I am glad I put her in lessons. It makes me feel more comfortable that she can swim and learn how to tread water.
Curt is in Colorado right now for the warrior games. I am hoping he does good and medals again this year. I know its what he really wants so I am wishing him all the best! The games start next week, this week is just practice time. If he really wants to try out for the army's archery team sometime in the future I would support that. I stand behind whatever he wants to do. I just want him to feel somewhat normal as far as what he can accomplish. Being a wounded soldier is hard for him, as it is hard for the family at times.
Brandon is still being Brandon! He is just so funny and definitely keeps me busy. I look forward to nap time during the day so I can finally relax and get stuff done. I am exhausted by him by the afternoon. I don't know if this just comes with age or what, but I never remember Kaylie being this way! Maybe its the second child thing. I don't know.
As for me I am plucking away at school. It's going, is about all I can say. I have been slacking in these two classes, but eh, I'm getting to the point where I don't care anymore and just want it to end and be done. I mean I love school and enjoy learning, but I just get sooo tired of writing papers. I have to write a paper for every single class and it sucks. I hate writing papers!
I'm really looking forward to this summer. I want to go to the beach a lot with the kids. I also, of course, want to explore the island more. I don't want to leave Hawaii regretting not doing it all, so as long as we can, we will!! I want to feel like we took advantage of our time here and thoroughly explored. So far we have done pretty good on that. I have also been thinking about going to either Maui or the Big Island at some point. Maybe next year. Those are the only two islands I really want to see before we leave.
Anyway, that's my quick update! Aloha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment