Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day of insanity for this Mom!

It's offical. We're leaving Sunday to go down to GA! We will be closing on the house next week. So exciting! I'm not gonna want to leave and come back here. hahaha
I hope Brandon does as good in the car as he did when we went down there for Thanksgiving. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I hate to drive there for only a few days but flights are too expensive and the train is all sold out, so driving it is. We're only staying to close and then come straight back.
Curt's ratings should be coming back any day. We're just waiting for the phone call. I have a strong feeling it will be next week while were gone. Ha. Of course. That's how it works. I'm still hoping we'll hear this week, but I doubt it. It has to come back from Rhode Island to DC, then back here, so I'm sure we'll be waiting a bit to hear.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. And it was insane. I had a crazy day. It started in the morning and got worse as the day wore on. Brandon was a terror! He was into everything. I was chasing him around all morning. Then everything seemed to happen at once. The phone rings and its my sister, Brandon is into the garbage, I have to go to the bathroom, so I'm on the toilet. Hear B in the cat dish. I'm yelling at him "NO, BRandon, NO"! I can't jump off the toilet to get him out. I finally come out of the bathroom he's completely covered in cat food and water. Has all the food IN the water part of the bowl. Cat food all over the floor. Water everywhere. It was a mess. I get him undressed and now he's naked. The dryer goes off. I get the clothes out, taking B and the clothes upstairs to fold and get him changed. He beelines into Kaylie's room while I'm getting him new clothes. The doorbell rings. I'm trying to grab Brandon and head downstairs and he's running from me. The doorbell rings again. I run downstairs with a naked baby to finally answer the door and its the flower guy with flowers and a box of chocolates. Finally get B dressed and the mess cleaned up around the cat dish. Open the box of chocolates and they are completely melted! So I call the company and tell them. She apologizes and offers to replace them. (which are supposed to be redelivered today and I'm still waiting.)
It was insane!

Then we go to the park since it got to 70 degrees yesterday. Get back from the park and I go to the commissary all by myself which was heaven. Completely dead in there I LOVED it. Maybe because it was Valentine's day it was so empty, but it was great!!! Took my time, no kids to get after, it was fabulous. I love shopping alone!
Get home unload groceries, Kaylie's out front on her bike, I'm trying to finish putting everything away and start dinner. Kaylie comes in crying she can't find her zsu zsu pet at the park. Round two of craziness ensued. Trying to find the stupid hamster, cook dinner, chase Brandon, even us two adults were starting to get snippy with each other. After dinnner was clean up, baths, homework for Kaylie. I have to praise this kid for a moment for being so smart. In spelling she and another kid are the only ones in the Green Group with the "hard words", everyone else is in another group. I love having such a great kid who is extremely smart! Gotta love the kid :)

Good thing today has been less crazy! Besides round and round phone calls with our realtor and the bank getting everything in order today has been a blessing compared to yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. An empty commissary!!??!! sounds like a Valentine's miracle! ;)

    ReplyDelete