Curt left for Fort Bliss on Tuesday for TDY, which was awful traveling for him since planes were delayed due to the ice storm we had the night prior. He called me when he finally got there and said his luggage had been lost but they found it on another flight, so he can come pick it up when the plane lands. Okay. No biggie. At least it had been found right? So I tell him I hope he hadn't put the car keys in that bag! He said no...um...I think I left them on the bathroom floor at Reagan when I was changing. What?!?! You left them where??? First of all WHY would you put the keys on the nasty ass bathroom floor, and second of all..again! He lost our other car key at Six Flags this summer. So now this is the second key he has lost.
He can't call lost and found because they are closed so we have to hope somebody turns them in. Well, I lose it on him. I am yelling at how he is the most irresponsible person I know. Blah, blah blah. Just making him feel like the loser he was at the moment. Then I'm rattling off how we'll have to pay to get the car towed to the dealership to get two new keys made (we have still never replaced the key he lost this summer), pay for two new keys, pay to get the house key replaced, locks changed, etc.
Well then I start freaking out. Oh my God! Someone could have access to our house! They steal our car, find our address on the car registration then come here, thinking we are out of town. My mind went to the dark places thats for sure! So I call Curt back yelling at him how he has now put his family in danger. I'm home alone with two kids and no means to protect ourselves. I mean our doors don't even have deadbolts. Or even a chain! So I call my sister after I finished yelling at my dear husband. I freak out to her for a good half hour. Well, great, now I'm terrified to go to sleep. I have to come up with a plan.
So what do I do? Yes, me the crazy person. I barricade the doors. I push the high chair and dining room table in front of the back door. Yes, I know that won't do anything, but at least I'll hear it making noises if being pushed! I put the coffee table in between the front door and the stairs so the front door won't even open. And head up to bed. I'm not one to usually sleep with lights on and the TV on. But boy was I sure happy to have the TV in our room that nigh. I "slept" with the TV on and the bathroom light and it took me a very long time to fall asleep. Every little noise made me jump. That went on all night!
Well, THANKFULLY, lost and found had our keys! Yay, I can relax now. :) No more barricading the doors. I know..I'm a nut job.
Just the thought that someone had access to our house was scarey. Another reason I am very glad we are getting a house alarm system in our new house in Alabama. I can sleep peacefully then. I loved our alarm system in our apartment. Any time I was alone I sure as hell had it on at night! It's just a sense of security I guess.
So crazy? Or would you have done the same? haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha, honestly, that train of thoughts never would have run through my head! lol. but i definitely would have been mad about having to replace the keys!!! lol
ReplyDelete